The butterfly
Sunday, January 3, 2010
One year ago, I sat on the swing and prayed.
It was one of those prayers a normal teenager would make. A better social life, academic results.
But I did make 1 more request.
Troubled, tired and frustrated of praying with no sense of happening, I prayed that I would see a butterfly if God's listening.
I don't know how long it took, but I did see one in my garden.
I just saw the same kind of butterfly just a minute ago.
I hope you're listening again...
Anyway, this is the first blog post for 2010. I hated 2009. It was tough, painful, and maybe dark.
It was the first time I got warded into hospital, the year where I lost so many friends, and the year where my nightmare crept up to me.
I celebrated my birthday in the library. Sucks.
But then the month after the A's were just awesome.
No more homework, no more school. No more work, deadlines, annoying teachers, whatever.
It was just
Grad night,
Pool,
Lan,
Movies,
Class Chalet,
more pool,
swimming,
filming (for 3 days straight)
catching up with old primary school friends,
Church camp (leader for the first time)
awesome christmas celebration,
sleepovers, both at my JC and secondary school friend's house,
and then count down at padang.
Not to mention getting ODST and Assassin's creed 2
So wait a minute John, you never mentioned anything about countdown, or your new year's resolution, or anything after christmas.
Last wednesday was pretty horrible. I stayed home to paint the backyard for cash.
My mum gave me a lousy 10 bucks for my 2 hours plus work.
A LOUSY 10 bucks.
scammed.
I manage to get my jacket though. Still, working for her is like child labour. Feel like I was in a sweat shop.
Then on New Year's eve, went out with Wavyn, Dion, Amanda, Uli and Nigel for dinner.
Bumped into school mates at NTUC at city hall, turns out they were heading for the esplanade.
Then we met up with the rest of the gang.
Played stress with Claire (which totally sucks cause we played in the dark) ~ really stressful, then watched the fireworks.
Which then came the random slapping game which Nigel was first introduced one year ago.
So retarded, everyone kept attacking kaylin.
In the end, it was too late for a public transport, so Kenneth and I ended up sleeping over at Leroy's house.
While the guys were doing their sleepover at Leroy's the girls were sleeping over at Bernice.
Oh yeah, my first meal of 2010 was at macdonalds with Kenneth and Leroy's family. retarded way to celebrate new year, yeah. But we were hungry.
We reached leroy's house at around 3 am, then played halo ODST and talked until early morning.
In the end, everyone slept at like 6.30 am? Bernice and the girls wanted to wake up at 10, then come over to Leroy's house and jumped on us in our bed.
But kenneth was half naked, and the girls woked up later than us.
So yeah, really bad idea.
Went shopping for food, headed to Leroy's house, and then helped leroy cooked lunch for everyone.
Okay, this one must blog.
Since Kenneth and the girls were in the living room, they had no idea what happened in the kitchen.
We screwed up the first egg.
It was just leroy doing an ommelete. and me watching. Cracked the egg wrongly, Leroy spammed the spices, and a little slight on the mushrooms.
We gave that one to mandy. Sorry. haha.
The rest were okay.
In the end, we had too much ingredient, so we just threw everything inside.
Eggs, beef, random spices and mushrooms went in.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE DID, BUT IT TURNED OUT PRETTY GOOD.
IT LOOKED LIKE A PEPPERONI PIZZA, EXCEPT THE BASE WAS EGG.
so yeah, then we watched click. Awesome movie. Love adam sandlers. Great actor. Love what he did at Bedtime stories too.
Then, after Leroy's stayover, my parents fetched me at dinner time to attend uncle Young's BBQ from church.
Okay, first their house. WOW. Their food. EVEN WOWER.
They take home cooking to a totally different level.
I had 2 hours of non stop eating. And believe me, that was a mouthfull.
Joel keep saying that John needed more food.
And since there were two John Ng's we BOTH got the food.
I must have eaten like 8 chicken wings. 0.0
So anyway, yay to 2010
my new year's resolution is to do something new and totally more intimate with GOD. Happy new year!
$BlogItemBody$>