CrossRoads and Dreams
Friday, January 2, 2009
Here's a story I got, don't ask how I got it. But it's true.
And now, the year 2009 is finally here. John, a 17 year old boy stands at a crossroad, staring aimlessly at the various paths that lay ahead.
A little kid, comes up to me, and says, " Congrats on making it to 2009. The paths you see before you are the various roads to take from here."
Here are the options:
Path A : Gay
Path B : Lesbians.
John: My best buddies are gays and lesbians. Is there anything else?
Path C: Retain
Path D: Elope
Path E: Be a total nerd
Path F: Find a Girl Friend
John: I spend the whole of last year trying not to get retained. Path C is out. How the hell can I elope without a girl? What? Elope with Flenaris?
And me? A Nerd. Sure. Sounds awfully tempting.
And F! F it! It's finding a girlfriend! But you know what pal. I wanna know all my options.
Path G: Play and become a geek
Path H: Find new friends and ditch your old ones.
Path I: Be the way you are.
Path J: Be rich
Path K: Back stab your friends to become successful
Path L: Live life with the flow.
Path M: Be a model Student
John: You know what? All these paths. They sound cool. But there just isn't the paths that I am looking for.
Little Kid: You can't. Everyone else in the world takes these paths. You're not the first one at this crossroad. But you certainly won't be the last. Choose wisely.
John: How long do I have to choose?
Little Kid: now.
John: Who are you?
Little Kid: funny you should ask. No one would ask such a question. Everyone would be so distracted about their future to even care.
John: I get it. Okay, I choose not to follow any path.
Little Kid: Sorry?
John: If I have the freedom to choose my path, then I also have the freedom not to follow any of them. I choose to walk through the grass, not following any path. And you're gonna guide me....Jesus.
Little Kid: And so I will. Take my hand. And never let go.
And that dear readers, is my life.
$BlogItemBody$>