New plan
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Something unexpected happened today. On the first day I worked at Saint regis, My partner and I shared a locker. For some careless reasons, he failed to secure the key, and return it to it's original owner. This resulted in a penalty of 30 bucks paid.
I could have argued. I have nothing to lose anyway. I'm quitting this job asap. However, compassion for that friend prevented me from making a scene. It's just one of the many weakness I possess.
This throws back my plans a week or two behind. Having announced my resignation, I'm down by about 10 bucks. So, I have to rethink this whole thing out. I still owe my mum some christmas debts. But I still have time. It is a luxury I can afford. But unlike normal people, I'm not gonna start working to pay back my mum, neither am I working to buy some new clothes.
It's amazing how situations can push a human to think, to innovate, to reinvent, to accomodate.
No more jokes. No more idiocy. Now it's time to think.
It's like a chess game. My objective doesn't lie in money. It lies in my future. My dad's a pawn piece, well more like a castle actually. My parents are pretty scheming. Just last night I overheard a conversation between those two. Little did they kw that I wasn't asleep. Nice try mum. Maybe you should have check under my blanket to see if I was really there. A 3 second spot check will never reveal my absence. Especially when I left a fake under my blanket.
I needed to know what was going on.
Heres the deal. My prediction was somewhat accurate. My mum doesn't want me to go. But she cannot deny the prospect of a brighter future for me in America. My dad's increasing his stakes. Today, my mum lied to me as planned. The tickets were already booked. My dad's paying the guilty card on me. My mum's lying to me.
I got a plan to counter this. I'm eyeing two chess pieces. My brother will be my escape card, and Dexter will be my main piece. If I'm lucky, I might even get Grandpa into this. I just hope that I don't have to resort to micheal.
Today I dropped the decoy. Dextor will call at aproximately 7.50. Right after my parents have their usual conversation. I need to buy as much time as possible till my father returns, so the call has to be made at 7.50. YEah, I'm cutting it pretty tight. But hey, I've been in tighter spot before. My mum's gonna attempt to call father after she hears the news. Too late. Dad will leave immediately after the conversation. My mum will predictably talk to Dextor's mum. Dextor's mum will be out on an errand for me. Dextor will take the call as planned.
Than it'll be my brother's turn tomorrow.
Good thing my father's only returning tomorrow.
$BlogItemBody$>