Study mania
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Ever get this feeling, where you study so much, but you're still not confident? Thats how I feel. Scared. I'm scared shitless, that somehow, I will screw up my exams. Luck has an ironic way of complimenting me. First, stitches. Then a dreadful cold. Whats next?
Anyway, how can Singapore use book smart people like us anyway? You can imagine in a meeting...
Boss: Okay, we need to relocate our facility. Any suggestions?
Book smart nerd: I suggest Singapore. It has undisrupted, 24/7 electricity supply, clean water, good goverment, peaceful society, high skilled workers, blah blah blah.
Director: Who the hell is this guy
Boss: Hell would I know. I just employed him to serve coffee.
Manager: Oi. Shutup already. We already have an outlet in Singapore. And You're Standing in it!
Book smart nerd: Oh.
Director: I want coffee, with cream and too white sugars.
Booksmart nerd: I strongly disagree to a large extent on that order sir. Sugar carries unsaturated hydrocarbons that cause high blood pressure. May I suggest, the healthier, brown sugar, blah blah blah.
Boss: Is this true?
Scientist: Hell would I know. I specialise in porn. PHD in Bio ok!
Manager: Will someone get that idiot to shut up.
Director: Look, wiseguy. I know you're smart, and your ass is propably worth a couple of thousand dollars. So why don't you get out of here and join the R & D Department.
Booksmart Person: According to the money measurement concept, you cannot measure an empoyee based on economics.
Female Accountant: I quit. He can have my job.
Boss: Hey, you can't quit. I enjoy spending those afternoon sessions with you in my private room!
Director: If she quit, I quit.
Boss: I quit too!
And everyone walks out of the company. See, all the information you learn in secondary school is mostly redundant.
$BlogItemBody$>