John, Reborn again.
Sunday, September 2, 2007
What is commitment. Commitment is the determination to accomplish something, usually, a difficult task. I have many commitments, and have fulfilled less than half of them. Its easy to say it. Its hard to do it.
One past commitment was to change. To be reborn again a new person. I tried to do it individually. I shunted away from any social help or friends to help me achive this commitment. But history has thought me an important lesson. You cant do it alone.
I was in church today, and there was a 76 year old preacher talking about what a true christian is. She told me that some it is not by a man's will, that he has become a true christian. rather, it is by god's grace, and your faith in him.
Well, if you're confused, You're not alone. That old lady got me winded up too. Old people sure know how to make you confuse.
Moral of the story, you can't do it alone. You have to confess, and note this. You not only have to believe, you have to be sure that you're going to heaven when you die.
Thats why so many people are afraid to die. They think they might go to hell if they die now. Uncertainty is a big issue here.
In a nutshell, I got called on to the alter since I was unsure where my destination lies. The path was hidden away from me, and my foot tread on rocky soil. My future was glazed in the fog of uncertainty. No more.
I have woken up from this lethargic slumber, that has consumed my soul in ages past. I am renewed. My mind, my body, is now in the possesion of the holy ghost.
$BlogItemBody$>