WeekEnd at EmpowerU
Monday, July 30, 2007
I know, I know. My Prelims are coming, and u might be wondering, Why am I wasting my weekend here. So I brought a couple of books along to study (Which I evantually didn't) and I have to admit. I was pretty unproductive this weekend.
When my spirit starts falling, the BoardBreak just brings it up again. It wasn't as crazy as last time, but it did bring my spirit up a little. I was given crowd control position. And that, was so cool. I'm pretty lucky to be controling the side where the participants are relly hyped up and enthusiastic.
And I'm like Jumping like crazy, trying to get the crowd to do the same, and also prevent them from coming too far forward.
After the BoardBreak, We did a bit of visualization before ending. Then the assist got together after EmpowerU and talked one by one about their experience.
Sunday, for me, was an all time low. I know, I know. The lack of sleep combined with my unfinished homework and catching a cold created a recipe for disaster. I skipped Church, and that still haunts my conciounse. I didn't put God first.
I am so sorry.
So yeah, thats the hands on. After that, Lethargy and Sickness claimed me. I took a couple of R & R so as not to disturbed the group with my lethargic feelings. I felt like Starwars. You know, be mindful of your thoughts.
Anyway, Mindchamps ended, We watch John Senior do a solo performance, before sharing our experience again. This time, I didn't feel like having supper. Nor did I feel like going bowling. SO I turned down Brent's offer to join him in bowling.
Darn this cold. I shouldn't have rejected the offer.
Anyway, Sherlynn offered a ride, and she dropped me off at Ang Mo Kio Interchange, Thanks girl. Saved me a long walk back to Toa PoaYoh, and I wasn't exactly having a great day.
But, Negative things aside. I learned a couple of lessons. During the EmpowerU assist, I admit. I was a little stuck up and arrogant. I kind of put down some suggestions by the assist, and tried to be someone who I was not. I wasn't totally honest, and I started the day on the wrong foot.
So, I'm gonna change. So, I'm gonna write all those lessons I learned and post them here. Feel free to read and use them. This are tried and tested methods that I have experienced and learned.
My Lessons List- Live my Life to the fullest. Cause someday, I'm gonna look at my life, and I'm not going to regret what I have done.
- Just Do it. If you Feel it needs to be down, Just do it.
- Do not rush. Greet every situation with a calm mind. DO not Panic, and DO NOT Rush. The important thing is to keep your focus.
- Be Optimistic. Whatever I do, Be optimistic. If something bad happens, look at the bright side of it.
- Whatever I do, give thanks to God. Whatever problems I encounter, Change my prospective of them, and view them as challenges set by God to help me grow. With God, everything is possible.
- Be Honest. People Like you when you are honest and open.
- Do not criticize people. You might feel good criticising or teasing, but the other party doesn't.
- Be Hardcore Helpful. Cause this is how You can become popular. Even if someone offends you, be kind to him. Its hard to hate a kind person.
- To be successful, I'm gonna need state plus strategy
- Thoughts will always be thoughts unless you put them into action.
- People are selfish. Lets be different and be selfless.
- think of others before thinking of yourself.

Sherlynn and I chilling out.

Remember the Beach Ball?

Sonya and Sherlynn! My Assists Friends!

Sherlynn offered a ride home on Sunday in her dad's car.
$BlogItemBody$>